The Concertos

Due to the japan drama of Nodame Cantabile(交響情人夢),I touched the area of the classical musics. Actually, I have listened to piano about three years, because I like the sound of piano. But I only listened to pianos and do not touch others. More accurately, I only listened to Chopin. Before I watched the drama, I don't know that is a kind of concerto which is a combination of several musical instruments and one piano, that is, a piano concerto.

In that drama, the male title role plays the Rachmaninov Concerto 2, and once I heard the music, I think it is so touching, and therefore I try to find the other concerto the same composer made. Later, I found other concertos and listened to each one carefully by my headphones (KOSS UR40 and ATH-EM7). I am really amazed and cannot imagine that how difficult composing such concertos is. To compose such a concerto, the composer needs to know the characteristics of each musical instruments well, undoubtedly, it should be very hard.

I remember the role in the drama said that "each musical notation has its meaning", I am not sure if it is true, but I am willing to believe it is true. In most pop musics, there are lyrics with the musics. So I think it is relatively easier to present the emotions the author wants to express. On the contrary, the classical musics do not have lyrics, even do not have a well-defined title, maybe just named with a number instead. So, sometimes I am very curious that what are the emotions/meanings the author really wants to deliver. Besides, these concertos may be played by many different pianists/players, so it is also an interesting question that does the player express the same emotions/meanings as the original composer? Or we can say that once the musics are written down, the meanings in the musics (arts) depend on the viewer/listeners, so there is no so called right or wrong?

留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

岩窟中的聖母

竹林中學40年校慶

Lab & English